Laser Teeth Whitening
What is Laser Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a simple, conservative way to improve the appearance of a smile and reduce tooth discoloration. Whiter teeth can make one look younger and, as most people agree, more attractive.
The options for teeth whitening today are almost endless, and one of the more popular professional options is laser teeth whitening.
Laser teeth whitening treatment is a cosmetic laser dentistry procedure that adds the use of a laser to in-office teeth whitening.
The procedure is completed in a dental office. It involves placing a concentrated whitening gel on your teeth and then using a laser to heat it up, which whitens your teeth quickly.
How does a laser tooth whitening work?
A protective barrier is put in place around your gums and your lips to protect them from the bleach. At this point, your teeth get covered in bleach.
The bleach used contains a high concentration of hydrogen peroxide. A very high strength light is then used to activate the bleach.
This process is usually repeated several times to achieve the desired shade. This is the process behind laser teeth whitening. As the bleach and the light used are both quite strong, the whitening process is more rapid than other techniques.
What makes Laser Teeth Whitening better?
When a properly trained and certified dentist performs laser teeth whitening, there are several advantages.
- Noticeable results develop within a single laser teeth whitening session.
- The dentist does all the work in the office, so the patient does not have to use any materials or techniques at home.
- The whitening results are faster than those achieved by take-home products.
- Having a dentist perform the procedure reduces the risk of complications like soft tissue burns or damage to the nerves inside the teeth.
How do you prevent discoloration after teeth whitening?
You need to follow these few steps to maintain a healthy whiter smile:
- Quit smoking: Smoking can cause teeth to become discolored again.
- Avoid stain-causing beverages and foods: It includes hard candy, wine, tea, coffee, sports drinks, tomato sauce, berries, etc.
- Use a straw: Try to use a straw while drinking stain-causing beverages.
Get Your Laser Teeth Whitening Today!
At Luxe Dental, we have experts specialized in Laser teeth whitening and bleaching with the best facilities in Ikeja, Lagos. If you believe you have a tooth discoloration that needs to be whitened and bleached the right away. Get the laser whitening you need for your teeth to look better. Are you a new patient, or looking for hassle-free dental care for the family? Our team is eager to show you that nothing is more important than your dental visit, and helping you design your smile. You can schedule your first appointment here, by phone at +234 805 355 2231 or drop by at our office at 46 Isaac John St, Ikeja GRA 101233, Ikeja, Lagos.